• This topic has 0 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sfan00

This isn’t exactly an ‘attraction’ post as such,

but one of the hidden gems at Alton Towers was the Gardens, which I found once by accident. 🙂

I know there are a LOT of people that go for the big wow technical spectacular rides, but perhaps there is a marketplace for the smalller,

gardens and gentler rides…

So what are people’s views on something that’s a pleasure garden LBE that’s nominally based on a Japanese-esque pleasure garden.. but which has a couple of other themed elements…

Would you have rides?

What would you have in the gift shop?

Anonymous

cool, 😆

Anonymous
    Sfan00 wrote:
    …a Japanese-esque pleasure garden.. but which has a couple of other themed elements…

Would you have rides?

What would you have in the gift shop?

I would not want fast or noisy rides and certainly some areas should be left undisturbed for those who like quiet gardens. If the garden is big enough maybe a slow boat ride for couples (like a tunnel of love). A classic ferris wheel would allow for views of the garden and fun for young kids as well as adults.

A gift shop should have wonderfully kitsch-y souvenirs and grow your own miniature garden (bonsai) supplies. I’m a big LEGO fan so custom sets recreating a feature or element of the garden like a gate or temple would be a sure seller.

Anonymous

You could have a few animal animatronics in the boat ride.

Anonymous

A boat ride would be nice, and the animals sound like a good addition. If you want a quiet environment, then I guess there shouldn’t be anything scream-inducing. Maybe there could even be a section where it goes into a mountain, and there could be some gentle drops for excitement. Japanese flora of course is necessary, as well as pagodas and fountains. Possibly a small museum about Japanese culture could be implemented (although that would interest only a few people). If you weren’t taking the pleasure garden angle and were going for more of a thrill park, then you could create a coaster based of samurai legends and that sort of thing – but that doesn’t seem to be what you’re getting at.

I like the idea of a ferris wheel. Also, maybe a chairlift or some sort of elevated ride could provide a better vantage point for viewing the greenery.

As for the gift shop, I like Tedward’s idea about the bonsais. Maybe they could sell paintings and photo albums of Japan, to educate visitors more about the land the garden is based on. And a restaurant with Japanese food sounds lovely. 😀

I also like the idea of a quiet courtyard, for relaxation. I also remember once seeing a group preparing for a wedding in a Japanese-style garden and I thought that was very sweet.

But…that’s just what I think. Yay for my first (excessively long) post. 🙂

Anonymous
    XenoKid237 wrote:
    You could have a few animal animatronics in the boat ride.

I was thinking more along the lines of letting there be some natural animals, but with appropriate protections 🙂

Anonymous
    Quote:
    A boat ride would be nice, and the animals sound like a good addition. If you want a quiet environment, then I guess there shouldn’t be anything scream-inducing. Maybe there could even be a section where it goes into a mountain, and there could be some gentle drops for excitement. Japanese flora of course is necessary, as well as pagodas and fountains. Possibly a small museum about Japanese culture could be implemented (although that would interest only a few people). If you weren’t taking the pleasure garden angle and were going for more of a thrill park, then you could create a coaster based of samurai legends and that sort of thing – but that doesn’t seem to be what you’re getting at.

I like the idea of a ferris wheel. Also, maybe a chairlift or some sort of elevated ride could provide a better vantage point for viewing the greenery.

As for the gift shop, I like Tedward’s idea about the bonsais. Maybe they could sell paintings and photo albums of Japan, to educate visitors more about the land the garden is based on. And a restaurant with Japanese food sounds lovely. 😀

I also like the idea of a quiet courtyard, for relaxation. I also remember once seeing a group preparing for a wedding in a Japanese-style garden and I thought that was very sweet.

But…that’s just what I think. Yay for my first (excessively long) post. 🙂

I agree sounds perfect!!…. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.