• This topic has 0 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kirkpearson

Hello!

I’ve been designing things since I could walk. I’ve worked in theater design and special effects throughout grade school, was bitten by the amusement park bug and designed my fair share of haunted houses in our basement.

I just started studying composition and audio engineering at Oberlin Conservatory in Ohio. It took me a week of school to realize how much I loved creating immersive spaces (musically and physically) and how much I would love to work for the themed attractions industry. Of course, my real skill set is with sound, especially with composition. Do any of you have recommendations on how I can get a foot into the industry? (While physical theming would be a dream job, I just can’t leave music behind.)

Thank you so much!

-K.P.

Anonymous

It helps to get to know people. Whether you do “informational interviews” to find out about jobs in the industry and what a sound designer does for theme parks, or join TEA (or another local organization), building relationships can be a good way to get a foot in the door…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar